5 Things Non-Anime Watchers Have Said That Made me Laugh

So these might not make all people laugh but these were just a few things that were hilarious for me at the time. All were by people who do/did not actively watch anime at the time; meaning it was during anime I was watching and they happened to look at or during the first couple of anime I was using to convert them.

5. "What episode do they get to the basement?" ~ Attack on TitanSo this was asked of me by two people whilst only in the first half of the first season. When it happened I just looked at them and laughed and basically murmured, 'Oh, that's adorable.' I admitted to one of them that many more people had to die before they even get close to the basement and she responded with, 'Wtf, do they at least get back to the town or something?' No, naive one, they do not.



4. "What the f%$@ is up with her eyebrows?" & "She's such a bitch." ~ Blue ExorcistThis happened in the very first couple of episodes and anyone who has watched Blue Exorcist should know straight away who I'm talking about: Kamiki Izumo. She is quite the Tsundere but in the beginning she really is just a mole and so when this comment was made bluntly I laughed pretty hard. The comment made by her eyebrows was also funny to me. In anime and in manga I readily accept the appearance of most people, nothing fazes me much anymore. The surprise and confusion caught me off guard.



3. "Why is the red one always angry?" ~ Kuroko No BasketFor anyone who watches Kuroko No Basket you know that Kagami is quite the passionate person. Left out of the context, my mum had been looking over my shoulder at my screen when she asked me this. It was such an innocent question and she got a little embarrassed when I laughed at her and tried to claim he wasn't angry it was just the way he was. In the end I summed it up to Kagami just always getting fired up during a game. Also, she called him the 'red one' purely because at the time he was playing against Aomine. 'Blue one', 'red one'.



2. "What the f%$@?" ~ a few anime here and thereSo during moments like the rise of Satan in the first episode of Blue Exorcist, various death scenes in Attack on Titan, manly 'brothel' scenes in Magi, various scenes in Puella Magi, many on many inappropriate comments, forced cross dressing scenes in Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and most of Elfen Lied; those not used to the cruel beauty of anime tend to widen their eyes and utter the words 'what the f%$@'. Of course this isn't limited to non-anime watchers (I have whispered many a 'wtf') but it's funnier when it's them. I think maybe because it destroys a little bit of their innocence. Hehe.



1. "Anime is gay."I like this one because that is what they all say... Until they actually watch it. My brother said it a lot. And then would say it in between episodes and before asking to watch another episode. It's funny because you know they're trying to resist but it's not working and you're going to finally get in the end. It's good for me because I don't know many people who watch anime and so don't have many to watch it with. It's one of those things that people say a lot but you know deep down they secretly stand for it.Although on another note. Anime is quite gay. Yaoi and Yuri in abundance. They're really aren't sexualities: everyone is allowed to date everyone.

Another thing that I find funny is the multitude of questions that they start asking when they're sitting there 'not watching' the anime. Sometimes their comments on the art and animation are also a little funny. When I first starting watching anime I had to get used to the various ways one could twist their face in anger and insanity. Death note caught me a little off guard. I had to take breaks because I couldn't process his increasing insanity fast enough.

Now there's another I will add to my list. I've left it for the end because it's a little... Umm... I don't even know what to call it. It's the "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going" and the reference to 4chan. So this often involves school girls in compromising positions or bad situations and anything that has something to do with tentacles. ESPECIALLY when tentacles are involved.

And that's the end of my small piece. Not all of these will be funny to everyone because they're more laugh on the spot but I hope you find at least one or two of them funny.Comment your own funny quotes from those non-anime individuals or create your only list.

Comments