Yoohoo! Japan Post #1

So I've been home for a while but it's been taking me so long to get everything in order.

So. Anime and manga in abundance. Places and things that we recognize from drawings and screens. A language we can understand the pickings of. My lord. Lovely Japan.
This was my first big encounter with the original Otaku.


Those tubey things in the side of the wall are escalators leading up to each floor of the arcade. In their arcades it's not a big room by a cinema or something. It's a large building with several floors. Usually prize/UFO games on the first floor, music games on the next and then battle games like Pokemon and such at the top. This is just a basic outlay. Some we went to had two floors of prize games, two floors of music games and then three floors of other games. The higher you get, usually the darker the room gets and the more intense the playing. Sometimes I would feel like such a noob. Some of them are insanely fast and skillful at the games.



I was really surprised just what they put in the crane games. It is a lot of anime related merchandise and there are even figurines from all sorts or popular animes like above. Of course they're hard to get and you spend more money than it would cost you if you just bought it but it still fun! Right? (We ended up banning ourselves from crane games because of the amount we spent on them *O.O*)


My friends, this is Akihabara.



Gachapon Central and the arcades were insanely awesome. They have so many games that I've never seen before and I wish we had them down here in Australia. There are literally walls of gachapons all throughout Akihabara and I stopped at most of them. I collected about twenty badges and got a few tiny little figurine type things.


I played Project Diva for the first time over there. It was a little confusing though because I'm used to playing it on the PlayStation. I got in to a lot of the other music games too. They had a lot of songs that I can't play on games over here. Like Bad Apple and other Vocaloid or anime songs and J-Pop etc.




Figurines up the hizay. I couldn't buy any though. A lot of them are post type places and I don't think I would have had the room, eek.
And the theme cafes. They're nice and the way they can shape food over there is amazing. I had a curry at the Gundam cafe and it was both delicious and cool to look at. I didn't get a picture though.




Tokyo Anime Center wasn't what I expected and so it wasn't that exciting but it was interesting to walk through though. I didn't recognise their current exhibition but I did recognise a few other characters lying about the room.







I recognised a lot of the posters and they were amazing to look at. Mostly because we don't have this kind of thing for anime in Australia, or at least not anywhere I've been and that's quite a bit.



This store we found in Akihabara was amazing. It had consoles going back to the very first and games that I recognised from when I was a child. It was a blast from the past and even though I didn't buy anything there was a lot to admire.




Now these are at every Don Quijote and in other stores like Kiddy Land but the first time I saw them was at the Don Qui in Aki. These are so cool! I bought Star Wars for my brother, Olaf for my sister and bought myself Sailor Moon, Kuroko No Basket and Haikyuu! I really like my KnB ones. Not all of them are here but it's still quite the selection.



This concludes my first Japan post. Of course there will be more. Until then, Ja Ne!

Comments