Music of Puella Magi


I really love the soundtrack of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I have the entire collection of The Rebellion soundtrack and keep it in my current playlist. I feel like it invokes emotion just as much as the rest of the anime does and I really love the themes for each character. I honestly think the music could not have been done better.


I think my favourite theme has to be Sayaka's. I really love how it just captures her emotions, her Witch form and her feelings for Kyosuke in the form of a soft and then powerful ochestral piece that sounds like she's gone from walking whilst playing a violin to stumbling around gracefully as she plays with each fall, twisting and turning away from her original path.


My favourite lone theme is 'I Was Waiting For This Moment'. It plays when Homura turns into the 'devil'. She's overcome with her love for Madoka that she takes on what she had been fighting timeline after timeline: evil. But is she evil? She love and loved, how can she be completely evil? The rest of the world is left to it's own devices... just as long as she can keep Madoka.


Comments