To Weaboo, or Not to Weaboo

Afternoon all, I was just wondering what you think about the term 'Weaboo'. The people around me use it with implied negative connotations and to tease me and so I've grown to hate it but I was wondering how everyone else in the anime community feels about it.

I personally don't like it or don't mind it referring to those who cosplay-everday and pretend to be/speak Japanese and so just refer to myself as an 'Otaku' when someone asks (I know that it isn't specific to anime and manga but it doesn't sound as bad as 'wee-boo'). I know that people like to wear things with 'Weaboo Trash' written on them and so still wonder about it. I don't know many people who love anime and manga in person and only one will openly say they are a weaboo. I'm starting to get over it and even though I don't like the way they intend it: if loving anime/manga and everything it produces makes me a weaboo; then I'm a fucking weaboo.

What does 'Weaboo' mean to you?

Whether you like it or not; let's continue to get along :smile:

Have a great day!

Here's a picture of a rabbit:

Comments