Not an Otaku - Notaku

I was wearing my Haikyuu jacket to work again, I wear it most days because it's comfy and fucking awesome and another department manager was waking past while I was holding it over my arm. They looked at the upside down crow and the conversation went like this:

MM: What the hell is that?
ME: A crow.
MM: What the fuck?
ME: It's a crow.
MM: *points to the orange stripe* It reminds me of that fighting cartoon. Is it that?
ME & BROTHER: *looks at each other and assumes he means anime*
MM: You know that fighting cartoon?
ME: Are you thinking of Tekken? The game?
BROTHER: Naruto?
MM: The fighting one?
BROTHER: ... Naruto?
MM: No. The fighting one.
BROTHER: ... Dragon Ball Z?
MM: That's it! That one!
BROTHER: *shakes head*
ME: No... No... It's not...
MM: What is it then?
ME: ............ It's a Japanese sports team.

Technically, I'm not lying..
Also, I shit you not: when people ask if I watch sports I say 'yes' and when they say which ones I rattle off 'basketball, volleyball, a little bit of swimming sometimes...'

Comments