Puell Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion

This movie blew me away; like all the other PMMM I've watched. The intensity of emotion and tragedy in the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series just amazes me to no end. Most specifically, the relationship between Homura and Madoka.



The constant emotion between these two is explosive and admirable. It is so strong that it turns Madoka into a God and Homura into a Demon.




The amount of tragedy that Homura suffers alone just for Madoka amazes me and is portrayed very well. After so many repeated timelines watching the one she cares for most die every time and yet she still carries on to the point of her own self destruction. Madoka sacrifices her memory and physical existence for the world; Homura sacrifices that and her own sanity for Madoka. In order to allow Madoka to live a mostly normal life and keep her close, Homura wraps the pair of them in chains of evil.




The complexity and Shakespeare personality of Puella Magi Madoka Magica never fails to rivet my insides and make me rewatch the most moving scenes over and over again.





Comments