~ Response to My Previous Post ~

I honestly did not expect such a blow up (in terms of likes and comments) of my post '5 Things Non-Anime Watchers Have Said That Made me Laugh'. It was posted yesterday afternoon and is over 600 likes and has over 70 comments and is counting. For this I thank you all.
Whilst I would like to reply to all comments, I don't want to spam the comment section with my name, also I decided to make a separate post to address something that was constantly being brought up in the comment section; negativity towards otakus.



I think it is important we're reassured that we may be as otaku as we like without having to worry about comments such as 'anime is gay', 'anime is childish' 'anime is just for weaboos' 'go play your manga' 'you're a weirdo' and such. But of course things are easier said than done. It won't give us all the ability to confidently watch/read without someone having to put their two-bob in. Even just having collectibles and such can become something of a secret hobby. It took me a while to not keep my things in a box and actually put them up around my room as I wanted. I feared ridicule but luckily it turned out a few of the people to travel through the house liked it. Although some people close to me snickered a little, I told them to shut up and said it was better to have something I liked and be openly happy.
That's it. Be openly happy. As long as it's not hurting anyone then it's fine. People who are unhappy almost always try to find fault in those who are happy. It's not so simple for everyone to just ignore them but why be unhappy for someone who is making you unhappy? It's a double whammy.



Also, remember that almost everyone here on Anime Amino (I say 'almost' because I admit that some people are obvious nasty trolls and that is the purpose of their account (I've encountered a few)) is here for a reason: Anime. Most of understand and most of us are willing to lend an ear. Don't rely and center your happiness around this but just remember that we're all here in abundance and variation.
'Anime is gay' ~ what's wrong with being gay?
'Anime is childish' ~ bitch please.
'Anime is just for weaboos' ~ no, we also have waifus.
'Go play your manga' ~ go play your books.
'You're a weirdo' ~ weirdos are closer to being original.

OTAKU AND PROUD.


Comments