EKKA, Scary Doll, Exorcist and Diva

So I haven't posted in forever, which means that this post might be a bit long.
First I want to outline the things that will occur in this post:
:white_medium_small_square: Pokemon Show Bag from the Ekka
:white_medium_small_square: Carrara Markets and the stall called 'Scary Doll'
:white_medium_small_square: Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist ~ and a small review
:white_medium_small_square: Project Diva F 2nd
So: The Ekka :fireworks:
I only found out what the EKKA was this year. Until now I had only known about the Royal Shows in Australia but I've been told the EKKA is basically just that but for Queensland. For anyone who doesn't know what either of these things are, the picture above explains it. They are basically very large shows, or carnivals if you will.
Now the relevance of the EKKA to Anime Amino is the showbag that I bought and another showbag that I wanted.
Behold: the Pokemon Showbag (A)
Note: that beanie is extremely comfortable. Not only is it that but it's also very warm. When the fireworks show happened late in the night I pulled it on over my ears :relaxed:
The other showbag that I also wanted was a Pokemon showbag too.
This is Pokemon Showbag (B)
I really loved the pencil cases, the bag, the sunglasses, the stickers and the snapback but I wanted the beanie so much more. I also wanted the Pikachu plushie but I was too poor :sob: . I already have a plan to buy the other one next year though. I hope it'll be there again...
So my Ekka part was brief. This part is going to be only a little bit longer but its much more exciting. So my older sister is getting married and her hen's night was in the Gold Coast. I'm just legal and so I was invited to go. On the way home my other older sister let me experience Carrara Markets for the first time. And I was not disappointed :thumbsup:
I stumbled upon a store called Scary Doll and I was sucked in a first sight. They sold figurines, DVDs, CDs, manga, comics, plushies and much more. What I was most intrigued by were the anime gift bags they had that were sealed shut. When I asked about them the shop keeper told me that they were promo bags from Oz Con and were basically a lucky dip of merchandise. Usually worth $45, they were being sold for $25. She told me about her friend who had bought three and inside one she got a black butler umbrella. Anime umbrellas can be quite expensive so I was like 'Dayyyummm'. She said that sometimes the contents were worth more than they were sold for and sometimes not. So I bought two. I bought the anime bags I recognised.
Black Butler (back)
Hetalia (front)
Black Butler (front)
Hetalia (back)
So I waited until I got home to open the bags. Carefully I sliced through the sticky tape and then I picked through my lucky dip. I was so excited. It was more exciting than any other Christmas I can remember (which sadly isn't that hard to beat anyway but you get the idea :joy::christmas_tree: ).
And this here is my booty:
In that pile, my friends, is:
- a Hatsune Miku umbrella (I screamed YES)
- a Black Butler umbrella (I screamed YEESSSSS)
- a plushie I don't recognise
- Volume 6 of Bakugan (my days of actual TV remembered)
- two One Piece post cards
- two Black Rock Shooter post cards (yahoo)
- several non-anime decal stickers
- a Betty Boop key chain (I let my sister have it because I really care for Betty Boop)
- two packs of Pokemon cards (one in the original Japanese)
- two packs of Yugioh cards (sadly no Dark Magician)
- a Blu-Ray of Transformers (a BLU-RAY?!?!)
- a Tokyo Ghoul Badge
- a weird notebook
- a Japanese style fan
- a Chinese style fan
- Alien Vs Predator book (I didn't know there was a book)
- and some other weird book I hadn't seen before
I really want more of them...
I take the Miku umbrella to work and use the fans for the Australian oncoming-summer heat :fire: *sizzle*
:star2: Oh and on a side note I got this little beauty from a shop called Element in Mt Gravatt Westfield :star2:
Now we move on to Blue Exorcist :pray:
So this popped up on :sparkles:Netflix:sparkles:. I'd seen very few cracks/vines of it during my Youtube binging but the story line it was described as intrigued me. The son of Satan wants to become an exorcist. Very interesting. And so then I began it.
In the first episode I watched it with my younger brother. His reaction to the possession scene was quite funny :no_mouth: (as he is a non-anime fan he hadn't see such animation) and to my luck he took quite a liking to it. As did I.
So for a week I've been watching it with gusto. I watched most of it in the lounge room and my brother and my brother-in-law both sat there with me. And then they decided to watch it without me :anger:Whilst I was ecstatic that they enjoyed the anime I was shitty with them because for so long I'd been asking them to watch some with me and then they decided to watch almost ten whole episodes while I was away for the weekend. We're all currently trying to get up to episode 23 in order to watch the last two together
Now my first impression of he series was great and it continued to remain that way. I feel like it's a really good one for people who don't watch a heap of anime (especially for boys) because it's kept interesting and the characters are likeable.
I also really love the first opening they use ~ Core Pride ~ and can't refrain from singing along when it comes on.
This is just a quick judgment on my part though. There will be another post specifically about my thoughts on Blue Exorcist and the characters (like how I've done so with Elfin Lied). I initially was going to do it in this post but I think I'm going to wait until I've concluded the first season now.
In that post I will also include comments that my household has made about the characters... They are a little unkind.
Project Diva 2nd F
I've had this game for a while now but in the last couple of weeks I've gotten really into it. By that I mean if get up at 6AM to start playing and would sit a metre and a half in front of the TV and do sort of a little dance when playing in order to stay pumped and with the rhythm.
Initially I didn't want to play all the other songs because I'm a very 'not into it unless I love it' music game person but eventually I came to have new favourites; such as Two Breaths Walking.
There were songs that I recognised though and I've done quite well on them. I have E (Excellent) on all of the Easy modes, 98% E on the Normal modes and about half on the Hard modes. I have one E in Extreme and a couple of Gs and a S.
Extreme mode hurts me. I can't click buttons nearly as fast as they need me to.
What I really liked about the game was the other components. The Diva rooms were really fun to explore and I'm still finding out new things. I pat their heads and get affinity. I can tickle them during Fever Time, get requests to play games with them like Scissors, Paper, Rock and I can decorate their rooms and dress them up. I can also give gifts and agitate them.
I've gotten quite a lot of modules. I've counted that there are only about fifteen left that I need to unlock but most of them are unlocked by challenge items... Challenge items scare me :sweat_smile:
And there's this little game in the credits. It was kind of full on and cute. I won't say what it is just in case I spoil it for someone.
So I also started getting sassy to the game whenever I'd fail or one of the Vocaloids would tell me off. I got some weird stares...
There's also a photo studio where you choose from poses, expressions, backgrounds, clothes and different Vocaloids to set a little scene. You can access all the music videos and a few bonus live ones. And you can play whatever music is on you console through the jukebox (or at least I know you can for PlayStation).
It's so addictive though and it's quite rewarding when you're doing well. Gambatte!
Well for now that's all!

Comments